By Gus Lorenz, Extension Entomologist
The Arkansas State Plant Board was granted a Section 18 Emergency Exemption for the use of Transform WG Insecticide to control Sugarcane Aphid in Sorghum. Click here for Section 18 Notice of Exemption, Exemption Label, and form to report applications under the exemption.
Specifics on the Section 18 that can be found on the exemption are:
- Applicators must be in possession of the Transform WG Exemption Labeling at the time of application
- Transform WG may be applied by ground or air at a rate of 0.75 to 1.5 oz of product (0.023-0.047 lb ai) per acre for a maximum of 2 applications
- Do not exceed 3.0 oz per acre per year
- Do not apply product ≤ 3 days pre-bloom or until after seed set
- A report of each application must be filed with the Plant Board within 10 days.
- Exemption expires April 8, 2017.
This information can also be found on the Plant Board website http://plantboard.arkansas.gov/Pesticides/Pages/PesticideRegistration.aspx