By Jeremy Ross, Extension Agronomist-Soybean
The entry deadline for the Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge is fast approaching. The deadline to submit entry forms is August 1, 2015. Entry forms, rules, and regulations can be found on the Arkansas Soybean Association website (http://www.arkansassoybean.com/) or by clicking here.
The 2015 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge will be divided into seven regional divisions and one conventional (non-GMO) division. The divisions are:
- Northeast Delta: Mississippi, Crittenden and East of Crowley’s Ridge in Clay, Greene, Craighead, Poinsett, and Cross counties.
- Northeast: Randolph, Lawrence, and West of Crowley’s Ridge in Clay, Greene, Craighead, Poinsett, and Cross counties.
- White River Basin: Independence, Jackson, Woodruff, White, and Monroe counties.
- Central & Grand Prairie: Pulaski, Lonoke, Prairie, and Arkansas counties.
- East Central Delta: Francis, Lee, Phillips, Desha (Snow Lake Area) counties.
- Southeast Delta: Jefferson, Lincoln, Drew, Ashley, Chicot, and Desha counties.
- Western: Remainder of counties in the State not listed above.
- Conventional Division: Entire State, production of non-GMO soybeans.
Awards for each division will be:
1st Place – $7,500
2nd Place – $5,000
3rd Place – $2,500
In addition, $10,000 will be awarded to the State’s overall yield winner across all regional divisions and categories (GMO and non-GMO).
Arkansas 100 Bushel Club
Any new producers who attains grain yield equaling or exceeding 100 bu/ac will be inducted into the Arkansas 100 Bushel Club. These producers will be eligible to split an additional $5,000 in prize money.
120 by 2020 Yield Challenge
Producers achieving 120 bu/ac will be eligible for an additional $10,000 in prize money (prize will be split if goal yield is achieved by more than one producer).
Please contact the Arkansas Soybean Association at 501-666-1418 or email@example.com with any questions pertaining to the Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge.