Arkansas Rice Update
December 4, 2014
New information is available by following the links below:
- Rice Information Sheet 173 containing the final results of the Arkansas Rice Performance Trials, Producer Rice Evaluation Program, and DD50 Planting Date studies.
- Preliminary 2014 Rice Harvest Acreage Summary table (will be finalized after release of final FSA acreage report in January).
- 2014 Comparative Returns for Arkansas Row Crops. Please note:
- The total cost/acre figures come from the 2014 Enterprise budgets and can be updated when the 2015 budgets are released later this month.
- Price per bushel is based on fall 2015 crop bids as of Nov. 2014.
- Yield/acre is not a prediction of performance but the yield needed to break-even at 75% producer share based on current total costs entered in the spreadsheet.
- This document was developed to be used as a tool to assist with crop planning decisions for 2015, values can be changed within the table to better represent your specific situation.
Where appropriate, this information will also be posted the Arkansas Row Crops blog (http://www.arkansas-crops.com), the Arkansas Variety Testing website (http://arkansasvarietytesting.com/home/rice/), and the UofA Cooperative Extension Service rice production page (http://www.uaex.edu/farm-ranch/crops-commercial-horticulture/rice/).
Arkansas Rice Updates are published periodically to provide timely information and recommendations for rice production in Arkansas. If you would like to be added to this email list, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information will also be posted to the Arkansas Row Crops where additional information from Extension specialists can be found. Please visit the blog at http://www.arkansas-crops.com/
We sincerely appreciate the support for this publication provided by the rice farmers of Arkansas and administered by the Arkansas Rice Research and Promotion Board.
The authors greatly appreciate the feedback and contributions of all growers, county agents, consultants, and rice industry stakeholders.