The entry deadline for the Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge is fast approaching. The deadline to submit entry forms is August 1, 2014. Entry forms, rules, and regulations can be found on the Arkansas Soybean Association website (http://www.arkansassoybean.com/) or by clicking here.
The 2014 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge will be divided into seven regional divisions and one conventional (non-GMO) division. The divisions are:
- Northeast Delta: Mississippi County, Crittenden County, Clay County, Greene County, Craighead County, Poinsett County, and Cross County – East of Crowley’s Ridge.
- Northeast: Randolph County, Lawrence County, Clay County, Greene County, Craighead County, Poinsett County, and Cross County – West of Crowley’s Ridge.
- White River Basin: Independence County, Jackson County, Woodruff County, White County, and Monroe County.
- Central & Grand Prairie: Pulaski County, Lonoke County, Prairie County, and Arkansas County.
- East Central Delta: St. Francis County, Lee County, Phillips County, Desha County (Snow Lake Area).
- Southeast Delta: Jefferson County, Lincoln County, Drew County, Ashley County, Chicot County, and Desha County.
- Western: Remainder of the state.
- Conventional Division: Entire state, production of non-GMO soybeans.
Award for each division will be:
- 1st place – $10,000
- 2nd place – $7,500
- 3rd place – $5,000
In addition, $10,000 will be awarded to the state’s overall yield winner across all geographic divisions and categories (GMO and Non-GMO).
Arkansas 100 Bushel Club – Any producer who attains gran yields equaling or exceeding 100 bu/A will be inducted into the Arkansas 100 Bushel Club. These producers will be eligible to split an additional $10,000 in prize money. Other prizes (jacket or watch) may also be awarded.
Please contact the Arkansas Soybean Association at 501-666-1418 or email@example.com with any questions pertaining to the Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Challenge.