The 2013 Rice Research Verification Program report is now available by clicking the link or on the publications tab of the Arkansas Row Crops blog.
The 2013 growing season was the thirty-first year for the Rice Research Verification Program (RRVP). The RRVP is an interdisciplinary effort between growers, county extension agents, extension specialists, and researchers. The RRVP is an on-farm demonstration of all the research-based recommendations developed by the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture for the purpose of increasing the profitability of rice production in Arkansas. The specific objectives of the program are:
- To demonstrate and verify research-based recommendations for profitable rice production throughout the rice-producing areas of Arkansas.
- To develop a database for economic analysis of all aspects of rice production.
- To demonstrate the benefits of available technology and inputs for the economic production of consistently high rice yields.
- To identify specific problems and opportunities in Arkansas rice for further investigation.
- To promote timely implementation of management practices among rice growers.
- To provide training and assistance to county agents and growers with limited expertise in rice production.