Entry forms for the 2013 Race for 100 and Grow for the Green ($$$$) Soybean Yield Contest are available on the Arkansas Soybean Association website and can be found at:
Entry deadlines for the Race for 100 and Grow for the Green ($$$$) Soybean Yield Challenge are due August 1, 2013.
The Race for 100 is a yield contest to recognize and reward the top soybean producer(s) in Arkansas who have obtained soybean yields of 100 bushels per acre or more. A $50,000 cash award will be presented to the Arkansas soybean producer(s) who can document soybean yields that equal or exceed 100.00 bushels per acre. This is a one-time award and will remain in effect until claimed. In the event that there are multiple entries over 100.00 bu/ac, the price will be divided evenly between the winners. Winner(s) are not eligible for Grow for the Green ($$$$) Soybean Yield Challenge. Race for 100 contest winner(s) will also receive an expense paid trip to the Commodity Classic.
The Grow for the Green ($$$$) Soybean Yield Challenge is used to recognize and reward the top soybean producers in Arkansas and to pass along production information from the best fields in Arkansas. This year there are eight categories—seven geographical and one entire state conventional (non-GMO). Prizes will be awarded for the top three places in each category (1st place – $10,000; 2nd place – $7,500; and 3rd place – $5,000), and the top three places in the over-all categories will also receive additional cash awards.
The seven new geographical divisions are:
1. Northeast Delta: Mississippi County, Crittenden County, East of Crowley’s Ridge – (Clay County, Greene County, Craighead County, Poinsett County, and Cross County)
2. Northeast: Randolph County, Lawrence County, and West of Crowley’s Ridge – (Clay County, Greene County, Craighead County, Poinsett County, and Cross County)
3. White River Basin: Independence County, Jackson County, Woodruff County, White County, and Monroe County
4. Central & Grand Prairie: Pulaski County, Lonoke County, Prairie County and Arkansas County
5. East Central Delta: St. Francis County, Lee County, Phillips County, Desha County (Snow Lake Area)
6. Southeast Delta: Jefferson County, Lincoln County, Drew County, Ashley County, Chicot County, and Desha County
7. Western: Remaining counties of the Arkansas
The eighth division will cover the entire state:
8. Conventional Division: entire state, production of non-GMO soybeans
All producers will be required to complete an extensive data information sheet and this information will be entered in a database that will be available to producers in the future so they may use the information to improve their soybean production.
Both Contests are funded by the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board using producer check-off funds. The Contests are administered by the Arkansas Soybean Association in association with the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service.
Questions or comments should be sent to Dawn Howe at email@example.com or 501-666-1418.