A one-day workshop is planned for November 27, 2012 at the Arkansas Farm Bureau Headquarters at 10720 Kanis Road in Little Rock to discuss the market potential of non-GMO soybeans. Participants will learn about a Soybean Promotion Board-funded market research project to examine the emerging market. Discussions will focus on enhancing participant understanding of the size of the market and how producers can supply the niche products. If you are a grower or have growers that are interested in understanding the rapidly growing non-GMO market, as well as strategies to engage this market, this workshop will be worth attending. The workshop will feature a panel of specialty bean buyers discussing their purchasing processes and the types of products they seek. Division faculty will also discuss a marketing research study and the Arkansas Non-GMO soybean breeding program.
- Current market and issues affecting the demand for non-GMO products;
- On-line Marketing Resource, MarketMaker: a free database systems managed by the UA Extension Service that assists growers in their efforts to pursue segmented marketing strategies;
- A soybean specialists to discuss the varieties being developed in Arkansas;
- The Arkansas Department of Agriculture discussing their protocols for certifying crops as GMO free;
- Presentations by industry representatives highlighting their contracting and procurement processes;
- A discussion by presenters and a select group from the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board talking about what needs to be done to expand the production and distribution on non-GMO beans from Arkansas.
- To view the full, printable agenda, click here.
The program will start at 9:00am and conclude by 2:00pm; registration will start at 8:30 and lunch will be provided. Registration is requested and free to attendees. REGISTER ONLINE NOW.
If you have questions, call Brenda Duggins at 501-671-2259 or email email@example.com.