The fields continue to move forward despite the dry conditions. A couple of the fields received a much needed rain this week that helped with emergence issues. Weed control and irrigation continue to be on the forefront of the activities in the program. We still have a couple of double crop fields still to be planted and hopefully they will be done over the weekend.
|June 24, 2011 SRVP Weekly Update|
|Arkansas N (DC)||Halo 5:65||VE||Field was planted on 6/16 and emergence was poor as of Tuesday of this week.|
|Arkansas S||Halo 5:65||V3||Field is scheduled to be sprayed with 22oz/A of Ignite today for weed control.
|Chicot||Pioneer 94Y70||V10/R2||Field has been irrigated once and got 0.8" rain on Tuesday; recommended 1 qt glyphosate + 1/3 oz Classic for grass and morningglory.|
|Clay||Pioneer 95Y01||V4||The herbicide application has been made and is doing a good job on the emerged weeds. The field received about ¾” of rain and the Dual was activated. We started picking up Yellow Striped Armyworms and Bollworms in the field this week. The defoliation levels were below threshold, so we are going to watch the field close to see if the levels increase. Going to get the field ready for irrigation.|
|Conway||Pioneer 95Y01||V2||We ran the center pivot over the field last week to help get some more plants up. Took stand counts this week and have about 113,000 plants/A with some plants still emerging. Weed pressure has increased this week and an application of 26oz/A of Roundup PowerMax plus 1/3oz/A of Classic with 1 pt/A of Dual Magnum for a residual. Grower is going to start the pivot after the herbicide application to incorporate the Dual. We started picking up Yellow Striped Armyworms and Bollworms in the field this week. The defoliation levels were below threshold, so we are going to watch the field close to see if the levels increase.|
|Craighead||Halo 4:65||V4||The herbicide application has been delayed due the windy conditions this week. We removed the Prefix from the recommendation due to the growth stage of the soybeans and are going with the Ignite alone. We started picking up Yellow Striped Armyworms and Bollworms in the field this week. The defoliation levels were below threshold, so we are going to watch the field close to see if the levels increase.|
|Cross||Progeny 4807||V4||Field received 1” of rainfall since last week. Weed pressure has increased, so we recommended 22oz/A of Roundup Power Max or 32oz/A of Glyphosate. Took stand counts this week and we have about 117,000 plants /A. Worm pressure and defoliation was present this week and we are monitoring it to make sure it doesn’t exceed threshold levels.|
|Desha-1||Armor 47R33||V9-R2||Going to apply 1 1/2 pts/ac Blazer under hoods for small pigweed. Soil moisture is good after one irrigation and 1 1/2" rain.|
|Desha-2 (DC)||Delta Grow 5300||VE||Field was planted last Sunday, 6/19 with Delta Grow 5300 STS.|
|Drew||Asgrow 4703||V15/R3||Field received 1.6" rain on Tuesday. No insect problems were observed.
|Faulkner (DC)||Delta King 4744||Field was worked and then 2oz/A of Valor was applied for pre-emergence weed control. The field was planted on June 22, and the grower was going to start the pivot and apply about 1” of water to activate the Valor and help with the germination of the seed.|
|Lawrence||Pioneer 94Y91||V4-V5||The field received 6/10” of rain since last week. The herbicide application has been delayed due to the high winds we have been experiencing. We had to change the recommendation due to the growth stage of the soybeans and size of the weeds. We removed the Dual and increased the rate of Roundup Power Max plus 1/3oz/A of Classic. The field is set up for irrigation, and we are going to irrigate within a couple days, if no rainfall is received. We found some defoliation and worms this week but not at treatment level.|
|Lincoln-1||Halo 5:65||V4||Grower is applying 22 oz Ignite + 1 pt Dual + 12 oz Select. Will follow in 10-14 days w/ another 22 oz of Ignite.|
|Lincoln-2 (DC)||Hornbeck 5226||Field is being planted today after irrigating beds.|
|Phillips||Ozark||V2||Boundary was applied at planting, and the field has been irrigated once.|
|Poinsett||Armor 49V6||V4||The field received 7/10” rain on 6/16. The herbicide application recommended last week hasn’t been applied because of the wind. We increased the rate of Glyphosate and dropped the Dual. Took stand counts this week and have about 135,000 plants per acre.|